Buffalosolider

Daily ramblings about nothing specific.

Friday, September 16, 2005

You have died of Disentery


Checking out Chadley's blog this afternoon reminded me of all the video games I have played over the years. I then tried to recall what game popped my gamers cherry. To the best of my knowledge it is either Super Mario Brothers on the old Nintendo Entertainment System, or Oregon Trail on the Apple II. Both of these games are arguably some of the best games ever made, and Oregon Trail was probably a game that can be considered ahead of its time. Oregon Trail is one of the first games that could have a different out come every time you played it, a “choose your own adventure” of games if you will. Oregon Trail was a very enjoyable game to play except every time I would ford the river I would loose at the very least 2 people because for some reason they could not swim in 5 feet of water. As I consider this to be a great game I still think there were some flaws, or glitches that could have been fixed.

Gaming of today has changed quite a bit from the beginning f gaming that I know of. Today there are things like Xbox Live that unites tens of thousands of people together with similar interests, namely killing. However as fun as the new games, and systems are I occasionally find myself bringing out the old NES for some Mario action, and why not? Is it not about knowing where you came from? What gave you this “bug” that is so hard to get rid of.

Video games have been around in some form for at least 25-30 years, giving it a huge following. However I have yet to find a person over the age of 40 that is in fact a gamer. A video game to a person of this era consists of two floating bars on either side of the screen, with one single blip that bounced back and forth…AKA…Pong. To that I must say WTF, give Rainbow Six a try...

6 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger MunkieFast said...

I am sure I will be one of those 40 year old gamers

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger MunkieFast said...

And I wills till be kicking your ass at RS3

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger MunkieFast said...

All right bitch. If you are going to have a blog site, then update it daily

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Steve! said...

I will fucker, i've been busy

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger MunkieFast said...

Still busy??

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger MunkieFast said...

Austin- You are not lame and I would enjoy playing Tony Hawk with you anytime. Steve! on the other hand is, will he ever update this site?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home