Buffalosolider

Daily ramblings about nothing specific.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Howard Stern gets Sirius today

Today is a day I have been waiting for perhaps 1 year. Howard has finally told terrestrial radio and the FCC to go to hell. I don't know if any of you are Howard fans or not but I was expecting a super vulgar program change and to be honest it did not happen. For that I am amazed and actually pleasantly surprised. Don't get me wrong he has stepped up a little bit, you get to hear an occasional F bomb but as a whole the program is roughly the same. Which kind of makes me wonder was the switch (terrestrial to satellite) worth it?


Is saying that you are uncensored worth it? I say yes. But alot of true die hard Howard fans will be forever lost without him, because to some the $0.43 a day for the service is too much, or just not feasible. Don't get me wrong over the last month something like 1,000,000 people joined Sirius for Stern but I would say that many more people will be living without Stern that had him as part of their morning routine.

Now it has also been said that the FCC is going after Satellite (music or TV) and cable companies (they have been for years). Why the fuck do they think that they can censor people from something that you have to consciously purchase some perhaps just for the racier content? Damn them!

2 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger MunkieFast said...

Do you think he really cares about not be sensored anymore, or that he is just stoke on this $220 Million stock option bonus. You will note today's hottie is his G/F

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Steve! said...

AHHHHH yes, The money how could I forget that one. But at the same time I would have to think he is more for the freedom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home